Thursday, May 15, 2008

Important announcement!!! We are not pregnant, but...

On Monday evening, Sagebrush Community Church in Albuquerque, NM, offered me (Matt) a position as their new Missions Pastor! After Charity and I did some yelling, hooping, and hollering, I have accepted the position and am so eager to get started on this dream job. Truly, talk about a dream come true. Listen to this. Three years ago, I had a class assignment requiring me to create a missions ministry from scratch. Who would have known that a very similar ministry would come to fruition in my life?! How soon will this happen, you ask? Sooner than you think, my friend! In the second week of June, the Bradshaw's will be returning to Albuquerque! We are so excited! Don't worry...I have not forsaken my education; I will be able to complete my degree online over the next year or so. We will be sad to leave the friends we have made over the past three years here in Kentuckiana, but also recognize this amazing opportunity to do something we have longed to do for a while now! With a heart for both Sagebrush and Missions, we could not have asked for more! God is so good! He truly does give you the desires of your heart when you seek Him. We are so grateful to Sagebrush, the elders, and the pastor Todd, who have been so generous, kind, and welcoming.We will give more info later, but for now, thank you for your prayers and support!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO excited for both of you. That being said, I will MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY! But, let's not talk about that till we have to. :) I would get all sentimental...but no crying for now. I love you both!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys,

Looks like an amazing church. I'm pumped for you!! Sad your not moving closer to us thought. Keep us updated!

Dustin and Lindsay

Pete & Jill said...

Yippeeeee!!!!!

Bradshaw's said...

You guys are great! We will miss those of you who are staying behind and look forward to those of you we will see again very soon!

Charity

Anonymous said...

What amazing news. it is wonderful to see how God answers prayer. We look forward to hearing how God uses this position to draw you both closer to Him and to one another.

The Dyksterhuis Family said...

Way to go!! EJ and I are so happy for the both of you. We love you guys so much and we can't wait to visit you the next time we are in ABQ.

All our love
the Dyksterhuis's