Sunday, July 20, 2008

How are you gonna spend your new life?

After countless pleadings, and begging me repeatedly, I have decided to please my wife by giving everyone an update from my perspective. SO, here you go...

Life for me has been VERY hectic lately. I usually work Monday through Thursday and take Thursday afternoons, all of Friday and Saturday mornings off. We have 5 weekend service at Sagebrush; so, from Saturday around 3 until Sunday at 1, I am swamped. It is so exciting to see the Lord moving among the people in the church but the sheer number of people is a bit overwhelming. I work on a great team who is supportive, active, decisive, and truly love what they do. As a result we ALL tend to be work-a-holics. There are even rumors in my office of beginning an accountability group, so that we can tell each other when to go home and be with our wives. The flip side is that there are some really amazing things happening because of hard-work and God's blessing.

One of the things I have been working on lately is developing a second international site where our church can reach Muslim-Arabs. Right now, I am focused on France and have been working on building a relationship with a missionary in Marseilles. I have spent a lot of time calling, e-mailing, and skype-ing this worker and he has been very generous with his time. Last week was our first 2nd Saturday event, in which we took about 80 people downtown and did some community service, a.k.a. mercy ministry. It turned out very well and was the culmination of many hours of hard work. Here is a picture...

My home life has been a bit crazy as well. Friday. I finally completed all my school work for my summer classes. My wife has been a saint as she has put up with me reading and doing reports every evening for the past two weeks. It has been quite funny to see her change since we have been here. She has never been inclined toward domestic duties but has found herself at home for countless hours over the past couple of weeks. She NEEDS to be working is what she tells me but I kinda like having her at home every night. I do not miss the days or nights of her coming home at 9:00 from the hospital. However, she is going a little bit batty. SO, if you ever think about it, give her a call and relieve her from her apartment-like prison cell.

All in all, we are doing well. I recently told a co-worker that I was just trying to keep my head above water, and she suggested scuba gear as a solution. I just might take her advice. Anyways, that's how we are doing, how about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are both adjusting well. I love the pics and hope to visit soon.

Bradshaw's said...

Who are you, Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous? Dying to know who's coming to visit!